Monday, April 25, 2011

You're Beautiful!

I had a lovely day today, at first what seemed like absolute disparity with the rain and the soggy ground, I didn't think today's Easter in the Park would be Easter at the Park but rather the Rec Center, where they normally hold the annual baccahnal in the event that it rains. I had blast hosting with Muthachuka and Holly from the Deco (surprisingly enough I had never met her before), and as always the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence put on a great event!

Here are a few highlights of my day:

Mitchell Koonce winning the Easter Bonnet Contest:
image by: Rich Stadtmiller




All these people were watching in rapt attention as I was going on about my tawdry tales of sex at dolores park:




And then of course being Sainted by the San Francisco Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence, which came as a great and tremendous unexpected surprise from left field. I never thought that it would happen, who am I to be sainted really? Some things you never really comprehend because its kind of bigger than me and I really can't wrap my head around it. Other drag saints who have come before me are people like Anna Conda, Juanita MORE! even Heklina -- people who do amazing things for their community. It was a shock because it was a form of validation that I never expected, but at the same time it's alot more meaningful because of that same reason, and as the queen who never really wins anything it felt nice to be recognized. I was sainted alongside MuthaChucka and the dude that started the first LGBT College in the country! So thank you Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence for granting me this honor and allowing me to be a steward of community and of course San Francisco, where even a total freakshow like me can become a saint!

xx00
m*

No comments: