Saturday, March 28, 2009

Beyond the Beyond...

I am totally trying to get back into blogging after seriously neglecting this fucking thing for a long time. Letsee what have i been upto lately since my last blog? I joined facebook which is currently my total obsession right now. So far I am up to like 1,700 some odd friends, and suprisingly I know or have met 99 percent of them which is great! I've been feeling this extreme kind of lull for a while y'know? and I am just feeling underwhelmed by alot of things lately. Its very uninspiring and sometimes physically and mentally draining I just got back from what was supposed to be a mini vacation to L.A. yesterday afternoon, hopefully feeling refreshed, to be honest, I found it a little draining. BUT I did get to sit by the pool ALOT which was a goal of mine for a while. There is something about water that helps me think. Its therapeutic. Much like fire, water cleanses. It put alot of things into perspective, and I feel ready to take on new challenges in my life!
In other news, this guy that I am totally dating is amazing. I met him online. He is alot older than me, which some might frown upon, and I was afraid in the beginning that it would be an issue with me, but more and more I seem to be getting more comfortable with him. He's incredibly genuine with me, and I feel that I had crossed the threshold with him last week when we had a conversation about the brewing negative feelings we had for each other. Communication seems to be the right option, and more and more I am learning how to communicate more effectively. 
Back to taking on other new challenges...I shot a promo video with Margaret Cho last year and since then, we have become friends. I remember when I used to watch her as a 9 year old kid in Guam on her ABC sitcom "All American Girl" and I was amazed that there was an asian woman on TV who was quite funny, and was able to laugh at the stereotypes of her own culture and herself.  Little did I know, our paths would cross again someday. 


The Cho Show (Nice Hair) from Vinny Lopez on Vimeo.

In any case that was the video we did, so we have kept in contact and I've hung out with her a few times, so she asked me to be in this video that she was directing for Jill Sobule's new single aptly titled "San Francisco" and of course I could not pass the chance up of being in a video.. I am an attention whore after all... Here is the other edited version of the video.

So that is that. It is great and fun, and shows alot of very interesting San Francisco people like my good friends, Cecilia Chung and Tita Aida, as well other very kinky people like Isaac Fitzgerald (who I am totally crushing on), Stephen Elliott, The legendary Princess Donna, Lorelei Lee, Violet Blue, and this gorgeous transexual named Christina. The shoot was really fun, because I got to hang out with Mookey Goh, who was assisting Margaret with the video, and I adore him completely. 
I was supposed to go out tonight, but most definitely opted not to. As much as I bitch and whine about the club scene in SF, I am relatively happy with what is going on. Last night I co-hosted Charlie Horse with friend/nemesis/frenemy Anna Conda, and themed it "Homeless Night" it was also part benefit to help Community Housing Partnership, a great cause, with great people involved! I had this insane idea to do a "zine" ala riot girl zines of the 90s. I enlisted the help of a super talented lesbian named "Dam Dyke" to hook it up and make it happen, and she did, and every body did such a superb job contributing little bits and pieces of retardedness. If you haven't picked one up yet, I suggest you do so. Its got little bits and pieces of stuff worth reading to make you laugh, and of course the proceeds go to a great cause. 
Gypsy Woman by Crystal Waters is such a great song, I had to do it on stage somehow and last night gave me the perfect opportunity. Most of the pictures from that night are on my friends xerothecat's flickr set. http://www.flickr.com/photos/xero/ ... Anyway I am going to bed now, I need some rest. 

2 comments:

Feast of Fools said...

You are in all these videos! Who's the REAL queen of all media? YOU!

sydneyleung said...

I really love it!