Sunday, August 30, 2009

We've Got Our Obsessions!

HA! 4am again and time for me to blog. Sorry I haven't really blogged in the past two days, I tried to, even with my iPhone I somehow couldn't type all the things I wanted to say. Anyway, I am so happy the heatwave is so slowly burning off and the fog is starting to roll in again, it's not really San Francisco in the summer time if there isnt any fog to deal with! I had a total blast performing in places that I don't normally perform at! It was so refreshing to just be on stage without any pressure to do pull a bunny out of a top hat or any crazy magical moment people might have the misconception I seem to create! I had alot of fun, and feel blessed to live in a beautiful city where it is diverse enough to have tons of creative individuals doing their own thing! 

Lately, this group singer named Marina & The Diamonds have been on my constant replay list for the last two weeks! I found a video for their "I Am Not A Robot" song, which I am gladly reposting here: 

The great and revealing about this video is that it totally begs to be done in drag! I mean hello I've worked every
single one of those looks, and you know how much I love the fan in the hair effect! Most epescially 
the all black body paint look! that gets me! I love it!

I got a part in that "Trauma" TV show casting call! They start filming on Tuesday morning at 7am which
basically means I have to start getting in drag at five am! HOW WONDERFUL! I guess! The leopard
print dress comes in handy, minimal drama, and its glamorous as all hell.

I'm also gearing up for yet another installment of CHASER vs HYP! 
The last one was super incredible and tons of people showed up, 
so hopefully this time around there will be more people. 
Although I was a bit bummed at the treatment 
I recieved at the door of the club last night. 
I was there out of drag on
my way to Bjork Night at the DNA, 
when apparently my name wasn't on the list as I was previously told.
BUT it didnt matter, I was going to pay the cover charge, and I didnt have a problem with paying if
the door person wasn't such an asshole. Oh well what can you do? I'll let it pass and chalk it up to experience
that maybe some people just don't have the people skills to work the door. I wasn't being a diva, if there was
an issue I wouldve been fine, I'll pay the cover, but he was a really a douche. oh well you cant win them all!
It's too bad I really do like working with Phillip and the rest of the people there. Who knows right?

Bork Night at the DNA was pretty cool haven't seen any of those people in a while 
and it was great to see them all perform on such a huge stage with proper lighting etc. 
I was really impressed with the pacing of the show,
and as a hostess and producer I have to remember the slightest of things like pacing! 
It's really an artform.

My boyfriend bought Asparagus weeks ago, and I am only cooking it tomorrow! 
First I was a little intimidaed by the whole thing.
Asparagus if not cooked right can go horribly wrong, 
but thankfully I asked someone
who knew how to cook them for advice and he delivered, so I'll roast them tomorrow!

Anywho, I am super fucking exhausted, I think I'll have one last cigarette and hop into bed!

xx00
m*

No comments: