Saturday, September 5, 2009

I SHOULDVE DIED!


No it's really not as dramatic as the title! I posted a promo video for the new NBC series Trauma which I have totally been filming all week with a bunch of other SF Queens! Spoiler alert, I don't die, infact I get rescued and Monistat lives to see another day! I wish I can say the same for my feet! After four grueling and extensive days of shooting scenes around the Polk Area - which I find highly ironic, and I'll tell you why later, our shoot is FINALLY FINALLY done!
I wasn't anticipating waking up at 5:00am Tuesday morning to put on drag for a 7:00am Call time. But none the less I managed to live even though I had performed at Tiara Sensation the night before. Needless to say the first day was a little retarded because I spent most of the day sitting down, standing up, sitting down, waiting, and waiting and waiting. But whatver, I had the outlook of, at least I'm getting paid to sit and be fierce! That was the same for most of the filming, it was more or less about sitting down and standing up etc. I think there was at a point I just waited for like 7 hours. It was definitely a treat for me to hang out with queens who I don't normally get to see on a normal basis, like Peggy L'Eggs, Holotta Tymes and Donna Sachet which was such a blast. And it was an even bigger treat to see Heklina almost get killed. Key word being ALMOST!
I must say even though it was completely tiring and the maxim of the ever unpredictable SF Summer Weather was really bogging me ( The first day of shooting it was about 90 Degrees Farenheit, the last day of shooting it was 54 degrees) it was most definitely a rewarding experience. I was happy with my screen time, and quite frankly the appeal of being on a professional movie set, and seeing how they did things was a treat! I love the technical aspect of it all, and had managed to wander in on the camera vans where they kept all the equipment and got to see how things really take shape. I am curious to see how they all manage to edit everything in the end. It should be quite interesting! I am thankful that Stephen has been so supportive these past few days, he has been so incredibly supportive and I am so thankful that was around to help me go through the ordeal!
On to other news, CHASER is still going strong after four months! I am not ready to throw in the towel at all, and each show seems to be some wild practice in emotional restraint! This past tuesday, I handed the reigns of the show to two of my girl-friends Chastity Belle and Honey Mahogany, in a crazy experiment of mine! I will admit I did have a slight melt down when my resident DJ called me and told me that they wanted to start the show at 11pm instead of usual 12 Midnight time slot! IM NOT MOVING times around! and then I was told through text that there were 9 numbers that night! Sleep deprived and not very lucid, I hauled ass to the EndUp to see what was really going on, it seems that the ladies handled everything well, and the show turned out to be one of the most endearing shows, and the caliber of the performers were amazing!
So tonight is CHASER vs. HYP, the team up with Club 8 on Folsom! It should be exciting, the first Chaser vs. Hyp was really great. Although I am all of a sudden not feeling like DJing, but maybe I'll just do a number and walk around be fabulous. we shall see. but who knows right? Then this tuesday at Chaser we have 5 Songs That Make You Cry, hosted by someone very dear to me, MuthaChucka! Then who knows. I am very over dragged right now!
I went trolling around for jobs online, but it seems that alot of the jobs that I want to do are not in San Francisco. I am listening to some awesome Annie Lennox right now, and that was soothing me to a soft lull. Anyway hope to see you, thanks for reading have a great morning!

2 comments:

Christopher Big Red Brainard said...

ve a screening party? i sure do hope so!

Unknown said...

The last 6 minutes of Six Feet Under was the best series finale I have ever experienced and that song is so freakin' haunting!