Monday, September 7, 2009

Heartbeats.

Yes even though my foot is totally cramp-o-licious and my face totally hurts, I am forging on! I went to Sixxteen tonight, alot of familiar faces, alot of new faces, alot of things happening, there was some sort of drag show in the back that I didn't catch, although it was great to see Princess Kennedy who now doesn't live in SF anymore! She still looks so fucking gorgeous after all these years, and fishier than ever! I guess for alot of my friends Sixxteen represented a really a crazy time in our lives, lots of drugs involved, and I don't blame them. I'm not going into it. It was a past life. I was a baby art school/nerd/fashion fag, somethings have changed, while others haven't and tonight was proof of that! Uhmm, I'm not really sure what to make of things, another place I was going to visit was the Li-Po in Chinatown, an old haunt favored by some of the most interesting parties I've seen in a while. The Li-Po is legendary and has been written about in books (both fiction and non-fiction), and in movies! It is hotter than hell inside, and even though there a pizza and buffalo wings menu thing, I do not reccomend you even trying it. The basement part of Li-Po is really cool but a total sauna, so I don't know how my drag would fare in that place. I heard through the grapevine that there is a really interesting party there on Sunday nights, and I'm really hoping that one of these days I get to stop by. You know me, I always have to be on the forefront of really interesting things! 
So yes, onto Tuesday with our great show, getting all high drama up in here! I'm starting to look for songs that are on the emotional side of things! Jose Gonzales does a great cover of The Knife's Classic "Heartbeats" it is definitely worth listening to. A little monotonous, but the feeling is there. Ryan Addams did a cover of one of my all time favorite bands Oasis' "Wonderwall". There is also a David Gray cover of Marc Almonds "Say Hello Wave Goodbye" but that has already been done. I am posting the O.C. episode wher they play Ryan Addams cover of Wonderwall. 
uhmm yeah, so there are tons of other songs! I am going to bed now. I can't believe I'm going to bed before 5am! So stoked! Happy Labor day darling! and stay outta trouble!


xx00
m*

1 comment:

Chad Lott said...

You know they smuggle Pandas in the Li-Po basement, right?