Thursday, September 17, 2009

"All those moments, will be lost in time, like tears in the rain..."

One of my favorite quotes from one of my favorite all time movies, BLADERUNNER...
Sometimes I totally wish I was a robot. The lines uttered from Rutger Hauers lips in his death scene speaks so much volumes. The scene itself is pretty epic, his icy blue eyes covered in blood being washed off with the dripping rain (although I didn't think androids bleed). I am a nerd, a big one at that, and yes I love Bladerunner, the Sci-Fi epic set in like 2001 Los Angeles, a bunch of rebel androids running around, and of course Rachel and Pris. I don't know which one I like more, Rachel or Pris. I think I am more of a Rachel.
I slept all day today, not unlike the replicants of bladerunner I felt cold and unemotional. I spent the whole day in bed dreaming of possibilities, wandering off into some estranged horizon where everything veers into some crazy incapacitated and prolonged vision of beauty. Shadows through the light, peonies through cracks in the wall. Somehow I wanted to stay in that insouciant place, cold and untouchable, where fear doesnt pervade any emotion but just and nothing lingers more than fleeting glances of uncovered dreams.
I dreamt of passageways covered with jasmine and plumerias leading nowhere and everywhere, nothing and everything black and white, submission and domination.

This tuesday at CHASER is our tribute to the ladies of Electro. Electro-Pop has been such a big influence on my life over the past 5 years, and I think its quite apropos for Leatherweek since Electronic music is such a huge part of the SOMA/leather scene. Also, we have the distinct honor of being included as an official event listed this year! I am so proud of the girls though, alot of them are really turning the town on its bedecked heel churning out amazing performances, sometimes 4 or 5 times a week! It's such a great time to be in San Francisco to live the dream. Sometimes I do feel the challenge of churning out a show week after week but I think Chaser is more a testament. I did recieve a really nasty letter from a patron berating me about every small detail, and I can't really respond, part me just wants to grab him from his computer and gouge his eyes out, but really I can't respond. I can't help that drinks are expensive, I can't help if the trannys that do go are not interested in you, it's really not MY issue if they find you unattractive. I'm not divas, we don't have "working girls" who come in. We have respectable ladies who like a good time, and wonderful queens who put on a good show. The drinks being so expensive is out of my control. I don't take those kinds of things seriously enough, BUT in all actually, I have decided to finally FINALLY lower the cover charge to $5 which means there won't be any more guestlists at all, free or whatever, $5 bucks in a recession IS NOT ALOT to ask for is it? I'm not attempting to do anything grand at all, CHASER is what it is, its simply a drag show. I mean what was I expected to do shit out a diamond! I do however think that the girls really give everyone a show the numbers are heartfelt, earnest and honest, they are giving you everything they can on that stage, and that to me means alot more than anything really.
So thats all of my ranting for now, I hope you follow! Starting OCTOBER 6 cover charge is officially $5 come by and enjoy the show love!

No comments: