Monday, September 14, 2009

I dreamed the dream in Times Gone By.

Just like the song from the musical tragique that is Les Miz. I dream of producing the ULTIMATE drag show. All kinds of drag, new school, old school and middle school, a bunch of amazing talent and one big stage in the middle of the courtyard of Civic Center. Yes it is 4:30am, yes I am tipsy. But somehow this will happen! IT almost happened this past June. I want this thing to be sort of dragxtravaganza, a unifying force to put all differences aside for one night, on one stage and to just PERFORM! It sounds a little like Wigstock, but mostly its due to the fact that it is somewhat a protest, people in SF do like protests. They will protest almost anything, and if I attach a cause to it, like let say HIV/AIDS, maybe it will work! Who knows, it is something I want to do, and hopefully in the future it does come. The is so much great talent here and I might as well strike while the iron is hot. 
Anyway, birthday news. nothing? really? nothing. Although I wish I could be more realistic and say that I stopped caring, I really do care. Maybe 26 is the magic number, I am feeling a little more stable this year and hence less of a need to put up some sort of incredulous pretention that I am some sort of Goddess sent down from the heavens. Quite frankly, I often ask myself in the mirror... WHO CARES! I've honestly scrapped the whole Blade Runner idea, it seems too good to be true, and you know how much I love robots, maybe its not time yet, maybe now is the time to honestly establish the show first, then see what happens. But now with CHASER being in its 6 month I still feel that alot more groundwork has to be done, alot of things still need to happen before I can go off the wall with the crazy stuff, like maybe getting a new computer so I can actually do some work! It's totes rough when you don't have your own computer. But what can I do right? Anyways IM super sleepy, I need some rest. Hope to see you this tuesday for Kylie Minogue night! 


xx00
m*

No comments: