Saturday, September 12, 2009

The September Issue.


I took some fierce Bendaryl in an effort to get some much needed rest. I'm watching Chelsea Lately, and earlier in the evening I went to have date night with Stephen! I was so happy we went to go see this movie, it really made my night. It's simple things like date night that make my appreciate my Stephen so much more. He stands by me, through alot of my insane decisions and I am really thankful for him being in my life.
The September Issue is a documentary based on Vogue Magazines annual September issue. I liked that they focused alot on the tension of creative director Grace Coddington and Anna Wintour. It made for an interesting dynamic. Plus the CLOTHES, so many amazing clothes from Fall 2007. I do have that issue stocked somewhere in the country house and it made me want to go dig it up and read it again. As a fashionista, I was really really into the movie, it was almost as good as the Valentino documentary I watched a couple of months ago.
Another thing I am really excited about is Tom Ford's new movie coming out. I have been a fan of Tom Ford since I was 13, and do collect alot of things he designed for Gucci. His brand of icy night club dark sexiness has really inspired me alot. His stuff reminds me alot of Anne Brancroft in the Graduate meets a Cinecitta oeuvre. This is a clip of his movie.

I guess it was the imagery I grew up looking at as a teenager, the boom, where everyone had money, and was going out. I remember never really eating at home because we were having dinner out every night. That era of Gucci has influenced me alot. It was that dark, slick and sexy coolness that has somewhat shaped me. Black Eyeliner, easy sexy clothes. I had hoped as a teenager that I would someday work for Gucci Group. But alas we all know that the company went crazy right after Tom Ford left. I remember creating some tear sheets up from old Vogues of Gucci ads I would hang in my bedroom.
In other news I am uber hagxcited about this tuesdays Kylie Minogue night @ CHASER. I'm still bummed about not having a computer. I need to do something about it. But what can you do. A lot of the graphics for upcoming CHASERs where there. BOOOOOO. Back to Kylie Minogue, I've been a big fan. I hope you are too. join us. its one of my favorite nights ever!

No comments: